I’m an NYC-based writer and editor at USA TODAY Life.
In addition to USA TODAY’s Money and Politics sections, I’ve written for National Geographic, Variety and Washington City Paper.
Read all my work here, or browse selected clips below:
- I talked to Harry Styles about his new album and his advice to fans, one of only two interviews he granted to U.S. print media for his new album.
- I wrote about how Lorde made 2017’s best pop album thus far.
- On the Tony Awards red carpet, I talked to Mark Hamill about making better superhero movies and remembering Adam West, asked Patti LuPone and Leslie Odom Jr. what Trump can learn from theater, and paid tribute to queen Bette Midler.
- I interviewed Orange is the New Black stars Dascha Polanco and Selenis Leyva about the season 5 finale and the show’s future.
- I attended the CFDA Awards, covering host Seth Meyers’ opening monologue and honoree Janelle Monae’s standout speech.
- I toured the Daily Show‘s Trump Presidential Library in NYC.
- I identified the hardest-working bands of the summer music festival season.
- I reviewed Katy Perry’s ‘Witness,’ which is a decent breakup album with very flimsy politics.
- I previewed the Miss USA pageant with host Julianne Hough, recapped the show and interviewed the controversial winner Kára McCullough.
- I chatted with the Pioneer Woman (aka Rae Drummond) on Facebook Live and shared her Father’s Day guide.
- I reviewed Halsey’s new album Hopeless Fountain Kingdom and asked whether she’s the future of pop music.
- I wrote a user’s guide to dry shampoo.
- I surveyed anti-Trump protest music and wrote about how hip hop stars are leading the way.
NYFW 2017 live coverage:
- Marc Jacobs challenges appropriation claims with hip hop-inspired line http://usat.ly/2lnmjCv
- Michael Kors casts Ashley Graham as the first plus-size model to walk on his runway http://usat.ly/2lk6pbJ
- Ralph Lauren’s runway show was straight outta Mar-a-Lago http://usat.ly/2llX0k1
- ‘People are people’: Christian Siriano’s NYFW show was a body-positive triumph http://usat.ly/2l1E4am
- What does ‘dress like a woman’ look like? For Tory Burch, it’s suits and frills http://usat.ly/2lMyqpZ
- Kendall Jenner, Bella Hadid make mall goth great again at Alexander Wang http://usat.ly/2l25Qng
- Kanye West casts hijab-wearing model Halima Aden in his Yeezy NYFW show http://usat.ly/2ll2POF
- Tiffany Trump is turning heads and sparking rumors at NYFW http://usat.ly/2lMWNnv
Interviews and features:
- Tampons are out among younger women. Why feminine hygiene is newest consumer battlefield http://usat.ly/2p3IXih
- Interview: Rupert Grint talks ‘Harry Potter,’ ‘Snatch’ and playing Hitler’s BFF http://usat.ly/2ovTRQe
- Cartoonish and addictive, ‘Girlboss’ is the anti-‘Girls’ https://usat.ly/2oPGk3X
- Is ‘Famous in Love’ the next ‘Pretty Little Liars’? Not even close https://usat.ly/2oNCGHE
- ‘Homeland’ hits New York as it mirrors Trump’s transition http://usat.ly/2jwkeQa
- Why America needs Tupac in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://usat.ly/2eNoBId
- Your complete guide to Lady Gaga’s Super Bowl halftime show http://usat.ly/2k5bQdA
- 4 lessons for Lady Gaga before her Super Bowl halftime show http://usat.ly/2jL0CuA
- In 10 years, Taylor Swift became the pop star of a generation http://usat.ly/2f6jOlc
- Zendaya emerges as next-generation entrepreneur with new clothing line, app http://usat.ly/2fjzuzb
- Miss Missouri’s road to the Miss America pageant http://usat.ly/2ccZUzP
- Beyonce’s ‘Lemonade’: Where are the pop hits? http://usat.ly/28W1DaC
- Gwen Stefani’s new cartoon ‘Kuu Kuu Harajuku’ is ‘God’s timing’ http://usat.ly/2dFEfkv
- This Miss USA contestant overcame losing her hearing to compete for the crown http://usat.ly/1sYATQD
- How Disney brought ‘Elena of Avalor’s Latin heritage to life http://usat.ly/29yQtsn
- Miss USA talks diversity, pageants: ‘I’ve faced discrimination in the past’ http://usat.ly/29nDcmJ
Live events/red carpet coverage:
- Variety Power of Women: Watch Blake Lively get testy with reporter: ‘Would you ask a man that?’ https://usat.ly/2ouOLAy
- Time 100 Gala: John Legend thinks ‘corrupt’ Donald Trump is a ‘terrible president’ https://usat.ly/2oIczQM
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2017 recap: The ceremony’s 8 big moments http://usat.ly/2nOi6oq
- Why Beyoncé’s ‘Lemonade’ lost the Grammys – and why she should have won http://usat.ly/2l7XHgO
- Brutally honest rankings of every Grammy performance http://usat.ly/2kAoZJw
- amFar: Scarlett Johansson smashes gender stereotypes in first appearance since split http://usat.ly/2k5FUlY
- Live review: Lady Gaga preaches unity during high-flying Super Bowl set http://usat.ly/2kbCTSa
- No lip syncing here: Jackie Evancho’s National Anthem recovers from shaky start http://usat.ly/2k99yr9
- Madonna blasts music industry sexism: ‘If you’re a girl, you have to play the game’ http://usat.ly/2hvq3MM
- Jon Stewart rips Trump’s ‘locker-room talk’ label: ‘That’s a crime’ http://usat.ly/2fdwcOe
- Gabby Douglas defends Miss America’s swimsuit competition http://usat.ly/2cRMBsT
- J.K. Rowling, Eddie Redmayne talk Trump at ‘Fantastic Beasts’ premiere http://usat.ly/2fGCh5J
- Seth Meyers remembers his hero Uber driver in a pro-immigration speech http://usat.ly/2fEjFDI
- Live from the DNC: Democrats court young female voters with celebrities and song http://usat.ly/2ab0Nsr
- Beyoncé’s Formation tour: 7 things to watch for http://usat.ly/1TylCy
- USA TODAY Musician of the year: Beyoncé http://usat.ly/2hkZJYq
- USA TODAY’s 10 best albums of 2016 http://usat.ly/2iAJJiE
- USA TODAY’s 10 best songs of 2016 http://usat.ly/2iaQKe2USA TODAY picks the 20 best albums of 2016 (so far) http://usat.ly/298EkAd
- The 50 best songs of 2015 http://usat.ly/1Olk77R
- Feist’s ‘Pleasure’: 5 best tracks from the singer’s standout new album https://usat.ly/2pDhBDc
- Review: Trey Songz, Ed Sheeran and ‘Tremaine’s ‘nice guy’ problem http://usat.ly/2ooQppN
- Drake’s ‘More Life:’ 8 essential tracks from the rapper’s new ‘playlist’ http://usat.ly/2p1STeR
- Kendrick Lamar’s ‘DAMN.’: A track-by-track instant review http://usat.ly/2oxUx7f
- The Chainsmokers’ Memories’: Is this the worst album of 2017? http://usat.ly/2oNmrgm
- 5 essential tracks from Kid Cudi’s ‘Passion, Pain, & Demon Slayin’ http://usat.ly/2i8t2Le
- Review: Neil Young is political as ever on ‘Peace Trail’ http://usat.ly/2hp73Q6
- Review: Lady Gaga’s ‘Joanne’ is a revealing triumph http://usat.ly/2eXbaWh
- Review: The Rolling Stones make blues magic on ‘Blue & Lonesome’ http://usat.ly/2gkU58D
- 4 things we heard on Frank Ocean’s stunning visual album, ‘Endless’ http://usat.ly/2bGc4EP
- Beyoncé’s ‘Lemonade:’ A track-by-track review http://usat.ly/1SCgucL
- Kendrick Lamar’s ‘untitled unmastered’: A track-by-track review http://usat.ly/1oVE6yw
- Rihanna’s ‘ANTI:’ A track-by-track review http://usat.ly/1SM4Rlb
- 7 essential tracks from DNCE’s self-titled debut http://usat.ly/2g2p7jF
- 5 essential tracks from Alicia Keys’ ‘Here’: http://usat.ly/2fwrL16
- 6 essential tracks from Bon Iver’s ‘22, A Million’ http://usat.ly/2dt6ZfY
- 6 essential songs from Shawn Mendes’ ‘Illuminate’ http://usat.ly/2dmNV71
- The 5 essential songs from Usher’s ‘Hard II Love’ http://usat.ly/2d2SVhh
- The 5 essential tracks from Britney Spears’ ‘Glory’ http://usat.ly/2brsFd6
- Fifth Harmony’s ‘7/27’: The 6 essential songs http://usat.ly/1Vlzm2D
- Nick Jonas’ ‘Last Year Was Complicated:’ 5 songs you need to hear http://usat.ly/1te6NZv