Grab a PDF of Maeve’s resume here.
USA TODAY Life / Digital Editor
MARCH 2015 – PRESENT, NEW YORK, NY
- Writer and reporter responsible for three to six daily posts, comprising breaking news, viral stories and reported features, on topics including celebrity, film, music, TV, fashion and women’s issues. Consistently one of the section’s top five traffic-driving authors.
- Social media editor coordinating daily posting and event coverage on USA TODAY’s main channels and Life’s Facebook and Twitter.
- Print editor responsible for assigning, editing and building weekly music-focused features and reviews for USA TODAY’s print issue.
- Live events reporter covering awards shows and red carpet events.
USA TODAY Travel / Travel Editor
MAY 2014 – MARCH 2015, MCLEAN, VA
- Social media editor managing all USA TODAY Travel Media Group social properties.
- Assignment editor responsible for all content on several Travel microsites, including assigning and building content and coordinating submissions and invoicing from an international group of freelancers.
National Geographic Channel / Digital Media Contributor
SEPTEMBER 2013 – MARCH 2015, WASHINGTON D.C.
- Online contributor writing features and promotional content for Nat Geo’s blog.
- Digital producer building sites and interactives in Dreamweaver and Nat Geo’s CMS.
AARP / Media Relations Intern
MAY 2013 – AUGUST 2013, WASHINGTON D.C.
- Coordinated promotions, digital strategy and events for AARP’s culture programming.
Variety / Communications Intern
FEBRUARY 2013 – APRIL 2013, LONDON, ENGLAND
- Covered live events and performed marketing research for Variety’s international issue.
USA TODAY Life / Editorial Intern
JUNE 2012 – AUGUST 2012, MCLEAN, VA
- Reported arts and entertainment features for USA TODAY’s print and online editions.
Education: American University / BA, Communication Studies, minor in Marketing
AUGUST 2010 – MAY 2014, WASHINGTON D.C.
Skills: WordPress and proprietary CMS systems; social media tools including Hootsuite, Buffer and Spredfast; social platforms including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram; Adobe Creative Suite.